Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Family

As we count down the days (16 now) until we leave to take Kurt and Kelli to BFA (boarding school in Germany), we are trying to make the most of every moment together. However, we're still busy with a volunteer team, Kurt made one last trip to see friends in Bulgaria, Kelli is busy sorting and packing everything in her room, and Scott is off each day to play with friends. My motherly instincts are kicking in - wanting everyone to just sit around me and be happy in the nest. But, this is the part of parenting that I wanted to avoid for a few more years. I have to let go. They are growing up, becoming more independent, and thriving in their walks with the Lord. God is answering our prayers that they would grow in wisdom and in stature, in favor with God and man. Both Kurt and Kelli are growing intellectually. Both are taller than I am! Both are growing in their walks with the Lord. Both are loved by all they meet. Karl and I couldn't be prouder. Thanks for your prayers for our kids. Living overseas has been a challenge, but it has blessed our kids in unimaginable ways. Praise the Lord!

Kurt -my handsome oldest son!












Kelli - my beautiful daughter!

2 comments:

The Flippin family said...

You are in our prayers daily. We love you all!

Joel and Rach said...

great pictures, Julie!! So fun to see everything! We love ya and are praying for ya!!