Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tough Day

I'll admit it.  Yesterday was a tough day.  But, in everything, I was able to give thanks and to, once again, see what an amazing young lady Kelli is and how proud I am of her. 

God gave an amazing blessing when she checked in at the airport - the man just waived the fee for her second bag!  That was a $50 savings!!  Wow!  God is so good!  Kelli looked like a pro going through security and off to her gate.  What an amazing world traveler she is!  :)

She told me that she slept on the first flight to Munich, but wasn't able to sleep on the second flight to Chicago - the long one.  I hate that.  She had to get her bags in Chicago, go through customs and recheck them.  Unfortunately, she missed the easy check-in right after going through customs and left the terminal before learning that she was supposed to check them right back in.  So, she had to get the two 50-lb bags and her carry on to the ticket counter to check them in.  She did an amazing job and got it all done.  I don't know that I would've had the presence of mind at her age.  Maybe.  I'm still so proud of her, especially after a 9 hour flight with no sleep.  

I last spoke to her as she waited for her Chicago-Dallas flight, so I'm assuming that she got there fine.  I look forward to talking with her in a few hours.  Thanks for the prayers for her travel.  I sure do miss her!  I miss all of the crocheting and knitting, horse and dog books and stuff, Animal Cops Houston on TV (no fun to watch it without her!), and just having her here!  She is so special, and I know that God is going to do amazing things in and through her.  What a great daughter!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know you will miss her. So glad she got to go back for awhile. It is HOT here. Heat stroke hot. Maybe I should come to Serbia. :)