Serbian nouns have seven cases: Nominative, Genative, Dative, Accusative, Locative, Instrumental and Vocative. This means that the noun has a different ending depending on the case it is in, or how it is used in the sentence. We learned all of this ten years ago, but it continues to be a struggle at times. Especially when I am tired. And that's when Karl tells me that I've lost my locative.
Locative is the case that shows, like it's name says, location. Like, "in the park" or "on the table." Nouns in the locative case have their own unique ending. But when I am tired, I completely mess up that case! I cannot get it right at all!
We had friends over Monday evening, and I was quite tired after a long day. Our conversations were almost all in Serbian (despite the fact that it was English Club!), and I kept butchering the locative case. Ugh! Thankfully, my friends have great patience with me. And they laughed when Karl told them that when I'm tired, I just lose the locative.
Maybe I'll find it again when the sun comes out more. Until then, I press on, locative or not!
Locative is the case that shows, like it's name says, location. Like, "in the park" or "on the table." Nouns in the locative case have their own unique ending. But when I am tired, I completely mess up that case! I cannot get it right at all!
We had friends over Monday evening, and I was quite tired after a long day. Our conversations were almost all in Serbian (despite the fact that it was English Club!), and I kept butchering the locative case. Ugh! Thankfully, my friends have great patience with me. And they laughed when Karl told them that when I'm tired, I just lose the locative.
Maybe I'll find it again when the sun comes out more. Until then, I press on, locative or not!
No comments:
Post a Comment