Although we have been really busy this summer, I haven't let it keep me from my daily reading - of God's Word and of great books. I've read some great books this summer that I'd like to recommend:
Faithful Women and Their Extraordinary God by Noel Piper - A new favorite! I love biographies, especially of missionary women, and this is a great one! Five women who were faithful and mightily used by God. I had only heard of one, Gladys Aylward, before I started reading this. Now I've been inspired by four others as well!
Cross-Cultural Connections by Duane Elmer - I wish I had read this eight years ago before we came overseas. So full of great insights.
Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss - This is a favorite that I like to read about once a year. It's such a good reminder to me of the daily struggles to live for the Lord and the joy of submitting and obeying Him. Everyone ought to read this!
I'd love to hear your favorites! I'm always ready for a new, good read!
No comments:
Post a Comment