Friday - Scott and I took a bus to Belgrade, then got on an overnight train to Budapest to see my brother and family who were there for vacation. It was a long, hot trip - especially after one of the gals in our cabin closed the window!! As soon as she got off, the window was back open. And there was a guy in the next cabin who decided to talk for hours, in a very loud voice, relating the entire history of the Serb people (in English) to a German guy in the same cabin with him. At 2am, that is anything but interesting! He finally stopped talking, and I got about an hour of sleep before we arrived in Budapest at 5am. Scott and I took buses to where we met Mark and Donna.
Saturday - Family!!! It was so wonderful to spend the day with Mark, Donna, Benjamin, Mary and Abigail! Lots of talking, playing games, going for walks, a quick trip to Ikea, more talks, hugs, and fun! What a blessing to be able to spend a day with family! Scott and I got back on the overnight train at 11:30pm. Thankfully, the window stayed open the entire way back and we were able to get a few hours of sleep.
| Abigail, Scott and Benjamin hanging out |
| Scott with McDonnel cousins and Hathcock "cousins" |
| Scott and Benjamin |
| Mary and Donna |
| Loved being with Mark and Donna! |
| So thankful for family!!! |
Sunday - arrived back in Cacak about noon and went straight to sleep! Slept about four hours, then, um, I really don't remember. Oh, and the travel and heat made my feet and ankles swell! I had canckles! Yuk! Thankful that after 3 liters of water, elevation and lying in a cool room brought the swelling down.
Monday - went out to camp for a couple of hours, then headed up to Belgrade to pick up a team. On the way up, Karl got a phone call saying that the team had missed their connection and wouldn't be coming in on the 2:30pm flight - they were rescheduled for the 11:30pm flight! So, Karl and I went on to Belgrade, ate lunch at KFC, watched Transformers, then went to a friend's house to visit until the flight came in. The team finally came out about 12:30am, and we headed to Mrcajevci. We arrived about 3:30, helped them unload and get settled, then went home. We got home at 4:30am and went straight to bed!
Tuesday - unfortunately, work doesn't stop! Karl woke me up at 9:30 to fill out forms for the team to register with the police. Then he went to register them, to try to finish registration for the trailer (on day 5 of that!), and get some other things for the camp. He was able to successfully register them with the police, but the registration still isn't done. We went out to camp to be with the team and other volunteers and Darkic. It was good, but lots going on. We only wanted to stay for a couple of hours since we were so tired, but we ended up staying for about 6 hours (until 9pm). On the way home, Karl suddenly put on the brakes and stopped the car - he was having a vertigo attack. He hasn't had one in years! I think being so tired, getting over a cold, not having dinner yet, etc. caused it. I drove us home, and he went straight to bed. I called my parents and talked to them for a while, then Kelli called (returned my unanswered call!), and we talked for a while. Then, I was off to bed. At 3am, the phone rang. It was Margie (my stepmom) - they were taking Kelli to the ER. She had been bitten by fire ants and was swelling up. Margie had given her Benadryl, but they figured they should go ahead and take her, even if they just sat in the parking lot and watched her. But by the time they got to the parking lot, her throat was beginning to swell, so they went on in. They gave her a steroid shot and kept her under observation for a while, then sent her home. She's better now, but, oh, the adventures we have! Needless to say, it was another night of not much sleep! :)
Throughout it all, I give thanks to the Lord for His grace and mercy! I thank Him for allowing me to spend time with my brother and family! I thank Him for safe travel for us and for the team! I thank Him for protection on the road when Karl had the vertigo attack! I thank Him for all He is doing at the camp! I thank Him for protecting Kelli! I thank Him for medicine and doctors! I thank Him for my family! I thank Him for His goodness! And He gives me JOY!
No comments:
Post a Comment