Friday, September 9, 2011

Life Without Kids

We are in a new phase of life, as most of you know - NO KIDS AT HOME!  It's been a week since I returned from getting them all settled in their new nests, and now I'm getting settled in my "new" home and life.  Things are different!  Less laundry, fewer dishes, more food - just a few of the differences.  It's also very quiet in the house! 

I'm working to get more of a daily routine.  I've started swimming laps at a pool in Ovcar Banja, about 15 minutes away, almost every morning.  I'm enjoying the exercise!  My goal is to get back to swimming butterfly!  I'd love to be able to do 100m of fly - maybe by the end of October.  This past week I've been working on preparing vegetables and fruits for the winter.  I've cut up lots and lots of peppers to freeze and made and canned applesauce.  I still want to make and can salsa.  I try to spend some time each day on different work projects - Bible study for our ladies' group, stuff for language learners, newsletters, website updates, blog updates, emails to different people, etc.  There's always a little cleaning that needs to be done around the house, so I try to do one big task a day.  And then there's my favorite part - visiting friends!!  I try to visit at least one person/day - visits are usually more than an hour long around here!  One day this week, I was able to visit three friends in one afternoon!  Unfortunately, because I was seeing so many, the visits were shorter than I'd have liked.  Well, now I have time.  Evenings right now are time spent with Karl and trying to reach at least one of the kids.  I'd love to hear from all three every day, but for now, it's usually one/day - spreading out the love!  :)

It's still a bit strange not having any kids around, but I am so thankful for where God has them!  They are happy and enjoying their schools!  God has given me JOY, even in this new phase of life!

No comments: