Things are getting back to normal around here. Or as normal as can be. :)
Karl arrived back in Serbia on Wednesday. I met him in Belgrade. After three flights (including an 8 hour layover in Brussels), a bus ride, two Metro lines, and a 7 hour train ride, I figured he would enjoy being in the car with me instead of another 3 hour bus ride. And it was so good to have him with me again!!! Well, the 2.5 hour drive home ended up taking 4.5 hours because of very heavy snow. But it sure was pretty! :)
Karl has been slowly readjusting to the time here and getting over jetlag. I think that jetlag must be a virus, though, and that Karl passed it on to me. Either that or I have "sympathy jetlag!" I don't know - I'm having trouble sleeping almost as much as he is! But, I didn't wake up at 4am one morning and 2am this morning, so he does have it worse than me. But then again, I didn't actually travel.
Karl successfully repaired both vehicles! Praise the Lord! Karl is exhausted from all of that work as well! Kelli is driving her Accord again, and she is very happy! :) God amazingly provided the parts, including a new motor! We are so thankful!!
We've got quite a bit of snow still, and the weather forecast calls for some VERY cold temps the next few days. Tomorrow will have a high of 20 and a low of -3F!! COLD!!! Don't know that we'll be getting out too much with those temps. These Texas bodies just don't handle it that well! :)
The kids are all settled back in their routines of school and life. I'm very thankful for each one and how God is working in each of their lives. My heart is full of JOY!
Karl arrived back in Serbia on Wednesday. I met him in Belgrade. After three flights (including an 8 hour layover in Brussels), a bus ride, two Metro lines, and a 7 hour train ride, I figured he would enjoy being in the car with me instead of another 3 hour bus ride. And it was so good to have him with me again!!! Well, the 2.5 hour drive home ended up taking 4.5 hours because of very heavy snow. But it sure was pretty! :)
Karl has been slowly readjusting to the time here and getting over jetlag. I think that jetlag must be a virus, though, and that Karl passed it on to me. Either that or I have "sympathy jetlag!" I don't know - I'm having trouble sleeping almost as much as he is! But, I didn't wake up at 4am one morning and 2am this morning, so he does have it worse than me. But then again, I didn't actually travel.
Karl successfully repaired both vehicles! Praise the Lord! Karl is exhausted from all of that work as well! Kelli is driving her Accord again, and she is very happy! :) God amazingly provided the parts, including a new motor! We are so thankful!!
We've got quite a bit of snow still, and the weather forecast calls for some VERY cold temps the next few days. Tomorrow will have a high of 20 and a low of -3F!! COLD!!! Don't know that we'll be getting out too much with those temps. These Texas bodies just don't handle it that well! :)
The kids are all settled back in their routines of school and life. I'm very thankful for each one and how God is working in each of their lives. My heart is full of JOY!
No comments:
Post a Comment