Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Long time, no blog!

Well, my last post was in October, so I'm way overdue on an update! We had a great Christmas in Texas. It was so great to be with our families! My family was all together for the first time in 12 years! Of course, there were quite a few more nieces and nephews since then! Here's a family picture that we took while there:

We returned to Serbia January 2nd and immediately jumped into getting ready for our new teammates to arrive. We also spent some family time together before Kurt and Kelli went back to Germany. That next week was full of trips to Belgrade and to Kraljevo to help our new teammates, but also included a trip to the doctor! Both Karl and Scott came down with a nasty flu virus that led to secondary infections of bronchitis, throat infection and ear infection! Yuk! I got it a few days later, but was already on medicine, so it wasn't as severe. We've spent many days the past couple of weeks in Kraljevo, and we are so thankful for our new teammates! We're ready to be back with our Serb friends here, though. We will soon. I leave tomorrow for a ladies' retreat in Slovenia over the weekend. I'm looking forward to fellowship and fun with some of my dear friends. Karl and Scott will stay busy here - Karl with looking for an apartment for a YWAM gal coming next week, and Scott with homeschool and baseball. God is so good!

1 comment:

The Flippin family said...

What a neat picture! I pray that you have a wonderful time of fellowship at your retreat!