Scott and I took a little trip yesterday. His visa expired yesterday, and the officials wanted him to just have a tourist visa since he'll only be here for another 20 days before heading off to Germany for school. So, we had to leave the country, stay overnight and come back in the next day. So, we went to Visegrad, Bosnia, about 2 hours away from our home.
We arrived in Visegrad and began looking for a hotel. Not too many in this small town! The hotel that we had heard about had a sign on the door: Hotel Ne Radi (Hotel is not working/open). Ugh. So, we went in search of another. Finally found one down the road. I went in and asked about a room. The sweet lady told me that they were completely full, but that Scott and I could stay in their bedroom in their apartment above the restaurant. She said that she had just done that the night before, too. I asked if there was another hotel so that we didn't have to put them out of their own room, but she said that the other hotels were also full. So, she showed me to our room, which was very nice and clean. Then she told me to just think of it as my own home. (We did pay for the room.) So very hospitable!
We went into town to see the famous Bridge on the Drina. This bridge was built in the 16th century, and is an amazing bridge. I enjoyed walking on this bridge that I had read so much about (Bridge on the Drina by Ivo Andric, other history books about the Balkans). I've driven by it quite a few times, but we had never stopped before. I'm thankful for this opportunity that we had.
We went back to the hotel and had a wonderful meal. I can't tell you how much I love Balkan food!!! Yum! While I was waiting for the check, I told Scott that he could go on out front and that we would go for a walk to find a store that sold playing cards so we could play some games. When I went out front, he was no where to be found. I searched for about 15 minutes before I began to get a little anxious. The owners of the hotel helped me look - driving up and down the street, looking in the river, etc. Finally, we saw Scott walking down the street from the center of town. He thought I had said for him to go ahead and walk to find a store! My heart finally slowed down, and we took a walk together back in to town. No cards anywhere. It began raining on the way back, so we just went to our room, played some games on the Kindle, read and called it a night about 9pm.
We came back home this morning. It was a good trip. Good Scott and Mom time. I'm thankful for times like that. Gives me joy that will remain even when he is off at school.
We arrived in Visegrad and began looking for a hotel. Not too many in this small town! The hotel that we had heard about had a sign on the door: Hotel Ne Radi (Hotel is not working/open). Ugh. So, we went in search of another. Finally found one down the road. I went in and asked about a room. The sweet lady told me that they were completely full, but that Scott and I could stay in their bedroom in their apartment above the restaurant. She said that she had just done that the night before, too. I asked if there was another hotel so that we didn't have to put them out of their own room, but she said that the other hotels were also full. So, she showed me to our room, which was very nice and clean. Then she told me to just think of it as my own home. (We did pay for the room.) So very hospitable!
We went into town to see the famous Bridge on the Drina. This bridge was built in the 16th century, and is an amazing bridge. I enjoyed walking on this bridge that I had read so much about (Bridge on the Drina by Ivo Andric, other history books about the Balkans). I've driven by it quite a few times, but we had never stopped before. I'm thankful for this opportunity that we had.
We went back to the hotel and had a wonderful meal. I can't tell you how much I love Balkan food!!! Yum! While I was waiting for the check, I told Scott that he could go on out front and that we would go for a walk to find a store that sold playing cards so we could play some games. When I went out front, he was no where to be found. I searched for about 15 minutes before I began to get a little anxious. The owners of the hotel helped me look - driving up and down the street, looking in the river, etc. Finally, we saw Scott walking down the street from the center of town. He thought I had said for him to go ahead and walk to find a store! My heart finally slowed down, and we took a walk together back in to town. No cards anywhere. It began raining on the way back, so we just went to our room, played some games on the Kindle, read and called it a night about 9pm.
We came back home this morning. It was a good trip. Good Scott and Mom time. I'm thankful for times like that. Gives me joy that will remain even when he is off at school.
No comments:
Post a Comment