Monday, August 8, 2011

Trudging Through

I posted this on my Facebook today:
"Sometimes life flows along merrily. Other seasons are so much more difficult, where each day (and sometimes each hour and moment) can feel as though we are trudging through knee-deep rivers of sludge in a clunky pair of old rubber boots. For me, this current season of life has had many rubber boot days, in the midst of much joy and blessing. By God's grace, I have the strength to keep trudging along, trusting Him to supply for all of my needs and to see me through this season, hopefully refined and purified and just a little bit closer to the image of Christ than I was before." (from a blog that I get - Keeper of the Home)
It seems that every time I turn around, there is another heartbreaking, difficult, yucky mud puddle (or river!).  Family and friends who have experienced tremendous loss, are going through extremely difficult trials, and just can't seem to get their head above water.  From diagnoses of cancer to auto accidents (fender-benders to fatalities), from difficulties in every day life to relationships that hurt more than help.  Families are struggling, and the faithful are being persecuted.  Hurt, pain, yuck.  And at times it seems more than we can handle.  I've cried with so many over the past few days.  I keep pleading with the Lord for relief, for Him to take away the pain, the hurt, the confusion, the YUCK!!!  


But my head and heart keep returning to God's Word, to His promises, to His faithfulness.  Verses spill over and over in my mind.  I know the Truth.  But I also feel the hurt.  And I'm looking for the joy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Praying for you friend.