Well, today it was finally NOT snowing, the sun was shining, and we HAD to get out of the house! So where did we go? To the POOL!! :) It's been a couple of months since I've been swimming, and now that the roads were clear, we packed up our stuff and went. It was amazing to see all of the snow and ice on the way there and back. Below are some pics.
Boy, did it feel good to swim again! After doing about 10 laps (there and back), I was loosened up. So I tried it. And I did it! I swam a length of butterfly! (25m) I had tried a few times before to swim an entire length of fly, but just ran out umph before I reached the wall. But this time, I made it all the way to the wall! Woo-hoo!! My goal is to swim at least 50m of fly before the summer - non-stop!
The winter weather continues, with the temperature expected to fall to -15F tonight. You read that correctly - 15 degrees below zero Fahrenheit!! Ugh! Well, I'm thankful that we're going to get to have Bible study before the great fall in temps. We've had to put it off because of sickness and the weather (and not cleared roads). Miss my gals!
We're extremely grateful for a warm house. We also stocked up at the grocery store today - forecast shows more snow for almost another week. But, they did get the roads cleared well today, so hopefully that will help.
Enjoy the pics!
.JPG) |
| This is a lake, not a field! |
.JPG) |
| Again, frozen lake!! |
.JPG) |
| River house turned ice hut! |
.JPG) |
| Icy river! |
.JPG) |
| Bridge to Ovcar Banja |
.JPG) |
| Where I swim |
.JPG) |
| See, I did swim! |
.JPG) |
| Karl just relaxed in the warm water |
.JPG) |
| Icicles hanging on the windows |
.JPG) |
| Icicles viewed from outside |
.JPG) |
| See that thing sticking out on the left side? That's a pier out over the river! |
.JPG) |
| Our street |
.JPG) |
| Our house. |
.JPG) |
| Getting a pretty good pile of snow there.. And we can still access the mailbox! |
.JPG) |
| Evidence that the neighborhood strays do come looking at our trash can! :) |
Thanks for praying for Eastern Europe and Serbia. We'd love to see some warmer temps!! Maybe in March.
No comments:
Post a Comment