Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Birthday, Karl!

Happy Birthday to the love of my life!  It's cool, we've been married for half of his life.  I love that.  I can't even imagine life without him.  There are times that we have to be apart, for conferences, meetings, and such, and we count the days, hours, and minutes until we are back together again.  Sappy, I know, but true!  

I love that we can just sit together in the same room, each working on our own things, but that there is still a connection.  In fact, he'll often Skype me (I'm 3 feet away from him), just to say, "I love you," and put several funny emoticons.  Hearts tend to be his favorite ones.

I love his ingenuity - like recently using the leaf blower to get the snow off the car.  He's been clearing off the car and the driveway every day since the snow began more than two weeks ago.  So apparently, doing the job with the brush and shovel got too monotonous, so he decided to add an element of fun!  It was fun to watch the snow go flying!  Never a dull moment with Karl!

I love his passion for serving.  And his creativity and resourcefulness in doing so.  Currently he's helping Darko with plans for renovations and new buildings at camp.  He found a computer program online, but it's very expensive.  So he called the company to see if they give discounts for non-profit work.  I'm not sure that I would've even thought of that!  We're praying that the company will give a discount and help camp put funds directly into the renovations and buildings.  He serves me every day in simple yet meaningful ways - he cooks the bacon so it won't pop on me and burn me.  He often does the dishes.  He brings me chocolate.  :)

He loves his kids and would drop everything for them (and has!).  He spent two weeks in January in Texas repairing vehicles - one that was written off as totaled and headed for the junkyard.  But he fixed it!  And I know one college student who is so thankful to have her car back!  :)

I'm so thankful for my best friend, my companion, my lover, my everything this side of heaven.  God gave me a wonderful gift.  Thank you, Lord, for Karl.  Happy Birthday, Honey!  

No comments: