Last week was a busy week. A good one. Not to say that there weren't rough patches here and there, but overall good. And the reason for that is because God is in control, and all things work together for good. I believe that. There may be things we don't like or struggle with, but it is all part of God teaching us to look to Him and only to Him. I'm learning. Always learning.
God has been teaching me so much. I'm doing the 3650 Bible reading plan this year - 10 chapters a day (one chapter from 10 different parts of the Bible). (check out 10chaptersaday.com). It's been so great to read from so many different parts but to have them all weave together. I love that about God's Word - how it is living and active, yet also so connected. All from the Author of life itself! I've read through the Bible many times, front to back, chronologically, etc., but this was the first time I've done it this way, reading from different sections at the same time. I always avoided plans like that in the past because I didn't think my brain could handle it. Well, it can! And I love to see how all of Scripture is woven together and all points to Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of our faith! Praise the Lord!
Great Lent starts here in Serbia tomorrow. Most of my friends don't follow this tradition of fasting, but a few do. I continue to learn more about Orthodox traditions. And while I don't agree with all of them, I do see value and much good in those that so clearly point to Jesus. So I respect those who fast and observe Great Lent in the Orthodox tradition, and join with them in fasting and focusing on Jesus, although slightly different than they do. I recently read a blog about fasting, about subtracting something from our lives in order to add more of Jesus. I loved that! Join me and millions of others who will be giving up, subtracting, in order to be filled up by Jesus!!
I'm also learning more and more how greatly the Lord has blessed us with our kids. What joy they bring to my heart! My heart just bursts with love for them. I'm so thankful each time they call or we happen to catch them by phone or email. They are all busy with their own lives, but we are still connected. And I love that. The miles just disappear and the smiles appear when I see an email from Kelli or see Kurt's number on caller ID or when Scott answers the phone at the dorm (you never know who will answer in a house of 30!). Some of the blessings of this past week: Kelli got a job as a waitress and started dressage lessons again, Kurt survived an extremely busy week of helping with an international food fair and counseling conference plus school and work, Scott went skiing and did really well on a test! Love those kids and can't wait for them to be here with us for the summer!
More than anything, I am continuing to learn that this is the day that the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it. Whatever it brings, I will rejoice. And I will do all I can to point to the Lord, the One who sustains me, who loves me, who created me, who gives me life, hope, joy, strength, comfort, and love.
God has been teaching me so much. I'm doing the 3650 Bible reading plan this year - 10 chapters a day (one chapter from 10 different parts of the Bible). (check out 10chaptersaday.com). It's been so great to read from so many different parts but to have them all weave together. I love that about God's Word - how it is living and active, yet also so connected. All from the Author of life itself! I've read through the Bible many times, front to back, chronologically, etc., but this was the first time I've done it this way, reading from different sections at the same time. I always avoided plans like that in the past because I didn't think my brain could handle it. Well, it can! And I love to see how all of Scripture is woven together and all points to Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of our faith! Praise the Lord!
Great Lent starts here in Serbia tomorrow. Most of my friends don't follow this tradition of fasting, but a few do. I continue to learn more about Orthodox traditions. And while I don't agree with all of them, I do see value and much good in those that so clearly point to Jesus. So I respect those who fast and observe Great Lent in the Orthodox tradition, and join with them in fasting and focusing on Jesus, although slightly different than they do. I recently read a blog about fasting, about subtracting something from our lives in order to add more of Jesus. I loved that! Join me and millions of others who will be giving up, subtracting, in order to be filled up by Jesus!!
I'm also learning more and more how greatly the Lord has blessed us with our kids. What joy they bring to my heart! My heart just bursts with love for them. I'm so thankful each time they call or we happen to catch them by phone or email. They are all busy with their own lives, but we are still connected. And I love that. The miles just disappear and the smiles appear when I see an email from Kelli or see Kurt's number on caller ID or when Scott answers the phone at the dorm (you never know who will answer in a house of 30!). Some of the blessings of this past week: Kelli got a job as a waitress and started dressage lessons again, Kurt survived an extremely busy week of helping with an international food fair and counseling conference plus school and work, Scott went skiing and did really well on a test! Love those kids and can't wait for them to be here with us for the summer!
More than anything, I am continuing to learn that this is the day that the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it. Whatever it brings, I will rejoice. And I will do all I can to point to the Lord, the One who sustains me, who loves me, who created me, who gives me life, hope, joy, strength, comfort, and love.
No comments:
Post a Comment